Spammers

ld2007

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jun 4, 2012
Quick question:

Is it possible to do anything about these people spamming links all over the place? I seem to get a new visitor message every 2 days and it's always spam.

Jkkicker

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 12, 2011
I agree. It is very anoying. Who goes to those links anyway. Theu seam to blog as well.

ld2007

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jun 4, 2012
I've not seen the blog posts, but they do send each other visitor messages too.

The hell are they trying to get spambots to visit them for?

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
If you receive a "spam" message, you should report it (click on the "Report Post" icon in the upper right of the message dialog) so the mods will be notified of a user which needs to be banned. In some cases, they may be able to ban the originating IP address.

Additionally, you can add the "offending" users name to your "Ignore" list. Go to your "User CP" (control panel) and look at the third section on the left side of the page titled "Settings and Options". Click on the link for "Edit Ignore list". Type in the username into the dialog box (I just cut & paste) then click "Okay" button.

Here is my list so far:

daoodallsydn
kaczkajesu
kinkydingaling
ltharltonjess
ntmantrasnow

ld2007

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jun 4, 2012
I have been doing that, but I still get the notification when I visit the site that I have unread visitor messages.

shadowice0823

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 9, 2012
hopefully we can get some active moderators on this and they will start deleting the junk for us instead of just letting it go

Featured Threads