Inbox limitation

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
I was just wondering if there was any way to increase the size of our private message inboxes. I was wondering why the limit is so low in the first place. 415 messages of text do not take up a lot of storage space. In order to increase the feeling of community on this website, that storage space should be increased to at least a thousand in order encourage greater communication. In addition,when people have long back and forth message chains, every old message contains the entire conversation with the exception of the newest message. I wanted to suggest that if it is impossible for message limits to be increased, then there should be an easy way to either delete every old message (rather than manually going through each one) or to rework the way the messaging system works completely so that new messages are not created in my inbox every time someone replies but instead, old messages should just be "edited" and marked as unread.

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
Ya I like you're idea about the editing part 'coz deleting everything reduces valuable pieces of the chat. Hope the right people look into this..and make some changes

linearizationcanno

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 2, 2010
At a guess, it's a function of the underlying forum software that kinktalk bought the right to use, not made itself. As such I doubt it can be changed

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
Linear, I'm sure that edits could be made to any of the software this website is using. However, judging from how often the monthly bandwidth limits are exceeded, the problem is not that it can't be fixed but simply that there are probably not even any active KT employees or moderators. I haven't been here that long (about a year) but I haven't noticed a single change in the UI of this website, which is something that happens fairly often to other sites like Facebook and Yahoo Mail. That pretty much makes this entire section of the forums useless. Have any of the posts suggested here ever even been implemented?

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
As far as I know....they have not. That could as well be the reason.

secretspanker

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 8, 2013
United Kingdom
i am worried too about using up inbox

I was just wondering if there was any way to increase the size of our private message inboxes. I was wondering why the limit is so low in the first place. 415 messages of text do not take up a lot of storage space. In order to increase the feeling of community on this website, that storage space should be increased to at least a thousand in order encourage greater communication. In addition,when people have long back and forth message chains, every old message contains the entire conversation with the exception of the newest message. I wanted to suggest that if it is impossible for message limits to be increased, then there should be an easy way to either delete every old message (rather than manually going through each one) or to rework the way the messaging system works completely so that new messages are not created in my inbox every time someone replies but instead, old messages should just be "edited" and marked as unread.

i am worried also about what happens when my inbox is filled up-at the moment my plan is to simply download all my messages as text once i reach that stage so i always have a permanent record

silverdarknight

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 18, 2010
If you are any good with macros then you can download them as text, strip the formatting out etc to leave them as ?tab delimited (it's been a while since I have tided up my archives) and then import them into excel.

Or you can get a paid account, which has 10times the number of PMs in the inbox and no /hour PM limt...

silverdarknight

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 18, 2010
Wait a tic...kt has a paid account...???

Or not. Some form of lesson about assumptions there. I assumed, being a sister site of GD, that this also had the option to donate. It doesn't. Maybe a GD subscription also upgrades your account here. Maybe it doesn't.

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
I didn't realise that gd now has a donate option, this has been implemented somewhat recently?
I've not seen Depp about for sometime here to be honest. You may be better off contacting him via gd than here.

Also you may well be right about there being a low level of moderation activity, I was about the only active mod for a long time, but i've not been coming here that often lately. Again it may be worth getting in touch with depp if anyone who is here often wants to step up

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals