How to sterilize urethral sounds ?

Cpt. Beefheart

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Sep 27, 2014
Greetings, ladies and gentlemans.
Lately i´ve found about my interest in urethral play, i have ordered my set of urethral sounds. I´ve been reading all info available on the web, but the sterilizing part of it is not enough covered.
Using an autoclave is advised for most sterilisation applications, but in reality, not many people are buying one just for their kink, as they are rather on expensive side.
I want to take as low risk as possible, so i tried researching another methods of sterilisation. Seems there is chemical sterilisation technique as well, and some of the chemical sterilants are available to buy (for a fraction of autoclave´s price).

Can any of you wise experienced players guide me whats best and easiest to use ? For example, formaldehyde is available locally, but it seems its used in gas form, not just by submerging in it, which is kinda unpractical.

Help me avoid any UTI and sepsis guys so i can focus on enjoying staff :cool:
Thanks in advance

Cpt. Beefheart

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Sep 27, 2014
...bump ...?

No-one here knowledgeable about the subject ?

So i´ll try give another clues... i have found that there is "cold sterilization" method which uses chemical solutions (cold sterilizer solutions) to wipe all microlife from tools and such... apart from common chemicals like bleach and hydrogen peroxide, which are unsuitable for use on steel gear, there are chemicals which are directly targeted to sterilize tools and equipment, for example Glutaraldehyde, Formaldehyde/alcohol mixture and such...
I have foun recommendations for product as "Wavicide", "Alcide", simply by googling "how to sterilize without autoclave"
Upon researching these, i´ve foud these are really certified products for sterilization (not just disinfection like widely available products), but here´s the problem: these seems to not be available for public, as they are targeted for hospitals and labs.

I have found some sites which carry these (for example painfulpleasures.com), but all these sites are US based, so it will be difficult to get that shit through customs i believe (i am in EU).

Anyone knows where to buy these products in EU ? (unlikely, iknow... ;) )

At least you could tell me what YOU use to sanitize your urethral gear, be it disinfectants, alcohol, heat...
Give me some clues please :confused:

Thanks in advance

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I use a pressure cooker at home, 2 hours seems to work quite well.
On the road I have improvised with boiling for an hour or so then using alcohol rubs to finish them off, never had any problems or complaints form my subs...

Featured Threads

New Personals