New Admin

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Hey! I'm lestat221, I've been a mod here for years.. since the beginning, really. I just got admin privileges and am taking the opportunity to address the userbase of kinktalk directly. I want to hear your thoughts, concerns, ideas, whatever for making this a better community. So, until December 5th, this thread will be open to hear whatever you have to say. I can't promise that all your ideas will be implemented, but I do want to hear what this community has to say.

MODERATORS: I've placed a mod specific thread in the Inside Beat. Please place your responses there.

joht2891

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 3, 2013
First of all congratulations and well done for trying to implement the users' feedback.

In my opinion one of the most things that is annoying and is discussed in here is the fact of gender and age. I know it's hard to introduce something new in order to verify such things; maybe others may come up with ideas on "how to".

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
Well, age is basically impossible to control, people lie and such, but I just implemented something for gender which I hope helps out a bit.

An inactive user

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 11, 2012
Autolock

I'm probably not the only one being annoyed by the fact that old posts get bumped after a very long time by someone. Perhaps a system that automatically locks all treads that have been dead for more than e.g. 3 months.

Just my two thoughts ;)

aus guy

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 22, 2009
I'm probably not the only one being annoyed by the fact that old posts get bumped after a very long time by someone. Perhaps a system that automatically locks all treads that have been dead for more than e.g. 3 months.

Just my two thoughts ;)

I don't think automatic locking is the go, as some threads are still useful after a long period of time. In some cases, threads are still useful and alive months after they were originally started.

I know the threads you are talking about though, where a female says she will do anything on camera in the OP, and despite not signing into kinktalk since, people still reply 6 months later. In those cases, probably best to use the report button, and request a mod/admin to close the thread.

An inactive user

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 11, 2012
@aus guy.

I totally agree on you with the fact that some are still active and useful. But an autolock would be used on an topic that has not been in use for more then X months. So as long as it's used it stays open. And of course it stays on for read back purposes just no more new posts.

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
This is an annoyance, especially those megathreads where she'll say "looking for X" and a million guys post for years, and she never signs in again. I am considering deleting them, at mod discretion.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I agree, the main issue is that once dredged up from the past there will be a lot of drive by posts added for the next few days or even weeks as none of them bothers to look at the date of the original post or the last login of the user.
If the main thrust of the post is just a personal ad and contains nothing useful for the forum the whole thread should really be deleted.

smlldckbnd

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
This is an annoyance, especially those megathreads where she'll say "looking for X" and a million guys post for years, and she never signs in again. I am considering deleting them, at mod discretion.

you should delete them... or at least lock them and then move them to another sub-forum for old threads like that... and archive of sorts

niblair

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Slave
Mar 3, 2015
Congrats

First of all congrats second of all my biggest pet peeve is that all the forums get cluttered with sub looking for doms ect if there would be a way do de clutter these forums that would be great

secretspanker

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 8, 2013
United Kingdom
please make it possible to delete threads

i would love to be able to delete some of my threads-at the very least those threads that have not received a single reply:(,and it would be nice if you could edit communities-changing them from public to private and being able to change the community picture

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals