Low visitor numbers

Ares

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 1, 2016
Now first I should say that I've not been here for very long and I don't know how long this site has been around either, so this is just my personal opinion.

However, am I the only one or do others get the feeling also that this place is dying by degrees? The world is absolutely full of kinksters yet this place seems to get just a couple of dozen or so posts in every 24 hours and most times that I come here there are not much more than 30 members onsite.

What is it that isn't attracting LOTS more people? I don't have answers, but I would be interested to know if I am actually right or not and if I am what the views of others are as to how to fix it.

Please feel free to tell me I'm an asshole if I am, lol.

sublook2switch

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Apr 15, 2016
Agreed, I am new to this site, about 2 weeks. And as an internet marketer I was thinking the same thing.

However, I found this site on google. It was like number 3 in my search.

It is odd the activity seems very low.

And I haven't really found too many other sites/forums. I found 1 other but I have searched using different keywords a bunch of times.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Believe it or not the site is now a lot more active than it was about 6 months ago! The main problem is not the volume of posts but the quality.

Over the past several months the current moderating team has been putting in a concerted effort to tidy things up, keeping personal ads out of discussion threads and as far as possible weeding out under age and trouble making members.

This has definitely helped keep the more interesting posts visible and promoted some longer discussions on relevant topics. But ultimately this is a free forum staffed totally by volunteers so what goes in is what you put in. There is no paid staff content, if you want some more activity you have to get active.

One other problem is the current trend of forming kik groups, this takes discussion and activity away from the site in favour of the more instant format. Just remember though, the reason they are there and that you can find them is because they are listed and promoted here.

jack1994

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Nov 24, 2014
Kik combat

I agree on your comment on people moving to Kik. Something this site I believe needs is a open chatroom area, or "play" area similar to how they have on GetDare. I have found myself going to GetDare simply to talk to other online members there rather than talking to folks on this site. I think that could help, but also as I talked, not just a chatroom but even a simple "play" room where members can interact in real time over maybe a few different games, or something along those lines. I know that would get me to interact more with others on the site. As for thread posting, that would still continue, and yes you may not have quite as many, but hopefully that can help weed out the low-quality posts, as you described.

Featured Threads

New Personals