Forum updates

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
Made a few minor updates. If anything new is broken please let me know!

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Hi Depp,
I'm not seeing new post notifications in my status area (top right corner).
Clicking on blog links in "latest blogs"loads index page not blog... Hmm did some further checking Blogs are gone. No links to blogs in profiles at all.

Last edited:

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
Sorry folks. Was mostly posting updates on GD. All issues should now be resolved.

Cstelle

<:: Verified ::>
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 7, 2015
Still something weird going on. When I log in I am sent to

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/)

(tried disabling cookies, even tried it with a virgin Firefox install)

However, I am correctly logged in: I can resubmit the address in the address bar and this time I'm sent to the right place.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Hi Depp,

Everyone is getting the login redirect error mentioned above and I think it may be related to us having SSL issues, this error is on some pages in certain browsers but not in others.

"The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure."

Pages that load as http are ok but many of the https pages don't work or display errors.

Also the email verification and password retrieval functions are broken both here and on gD. I have tested this myself several times on gD by changing my email, the verifications weren't sent. Basically my gD account is bricked now, lol...
This was reported to me by a user here as he did the same thing, updated his details then got locked with restricted access. He put his email back to the old one and that allowed his access back but some permissions are still broken so maybe this is also hit and miss?

Update on email, after several more attempts all my verification emails on gD came through in one batch so i now my access back but something seems to be sticky there...

Last edited:

Cstelle

<:: Verified ::>
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 7, 2015
Ok! Logging in works "as advertised", etc. Thanks!

But I still can't change my privacy settings. It's like the "save" key doesn't work. And now I find that apparently I can't suddenly change the way it looks (fonts etc)!

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
Just fixed this login issues. Will look into the emails now.

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
I just tested both the registration and password reset emails on both sites. They are working for me. Maybe they went to spam?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
No I was checking that, what was odd was when they came through I got them all together.
I had a pm from Cstelle about a related problem, "I tried to update my email some time ago - but for some reason the system didn't send me a confirmation request. As I was trying to find how to request a resend as per your advice (couldn't find any - because my permissions were crazy half of the CP menu items were also missing!) I noticed all my info had reverted back to old settings, so I tried changing my email again[*] - and hey presto! Got the confirmation male, confirmed, logged back in, and now things look very different indeed! So thanks for the help...

Which is why I tested, just seems to maybe be a bit erratic.

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
So weird. It may have been a transient issue. I've been aggressively updating both the server and software so maybe things broke for a bit. Working on some new stuff but running tests now and it's a bit further away.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Ok cool, still seems to be some SSL issue. Not getting a full "secure" notification.

Mod CP pages are fine, getting secured logo there.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals