Popularity

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Something I've been asked many times is how you get to be popular here on Kink Talk. It's actually pretty simple, so lets discuss it.

First the definition:

popularity
noun
noun: popularity

the state or condition of being liked, admired, or supported by many people.

Notice that to be popular you must be liked by many people. I'll repeat that, many people.

Now for many people to like you they must be aware of you, lurking and being reclusive is never going to make you popular. So that's the first point, you need to be known by lots of people. Here on Kink Talk there is a very visible way this will be reflected, if you make a post and people like it they will respond with a like and sometimes a comment. The number of posts you make combined with the likes you get will earn you trophy points making this an easy way for others to see how popular you are.

Likes can be gained for anything you post, be it starting or contributing to discussions or photos. And this is where it can split into various paths depending on what you are comfortable with. You can find the current leaders when it comes to posting here.

This is a screen grab from the page:

1692509996773.png

Lets take a look at a couple of examples to see what's going on. Under the Highest reaction score are @Asianfucktoy and @Wanna be slave, in both cases they have accumulated all these likes from photos only. Whereas @MissKubo and @subzzzero have gained their likes in posts they created or commented on. So you work to your strength.

Ok, so what if I'm not comfortable posting photos and I don't have any ideas I want to post? Well then you can be one of the people who support others by commenting on their posts and photos. Particularly with those who post photos they are looking for attention, so go ahead and hit the like but then go that next step and tell them you enjoy their photo. If they then like your comment it will add to your score, you're on the move up the ladder.
Same goes for discussion posts, even if you don't have anything to add saying thanks to the poster will be appreciated and again if they like your comment you get another boost. In fact this kind of support is the backbone of the whole community, openly and actively encouraging other to keep posting is what keeps them coming back. Without your support they will feel unappreciated and most likely stop posting.

How do you get to be popular? By participation, joining in and being part of the community makes you visible to others and is far more effective than any personal ad. When people see you are active, they can see your preferences and likes and they know you are coming here regularly. You don't need to be an extrovert to be popular, you simply need to add your part to the community.

So next time you're clicking through the posts, or admiring the photos take that extra few minutes and leave a comment. Not only will it encourage them to keep posting but it could be earning you likes of your own and some of that coveted popularity.

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I had no clue that page of stats even existed. Learn something everyday lol.

I do know I learned early on that the titles given based on activity were just that. So “senior kinktalk member” just meant someone who was active. It didn’t necessarily mean that person was experienced or even posting things of value. Some were just seeking ads with bumps over an over. Or some just copy pasting that same “im interested kik me”
This post about popularity really clears that up too. Good post

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I realized later that the link I provided to the members page is rather difficult to locate, so here's the details of why it's so tricky to find.

On the sidebar look for the Staff Online widget and click on the title.

1692600442581.png

This will take you to this rather cluttered page.

1692600518528.png

If you click the top left item, Overview you will get the point I linked to. You can also jump directly to other lists in more detail and even search for a specific member name.

There is nothing I can do about this rather clumsy and awkward set up, it is what it is. But if you can remember the first part, clicking on the Staff Online then all will be revealed.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted account

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Here's a quick update on the popularity topic.

Many regulars will already be aware of the awesome number of photo posts from both @Wanna be slave and @KinkyBBW and well, things are really hotting up on the points score front.

Just take a look below at the current status of both reactions score (likes) and total points for these members. Currently @KinkyBBW holds the slimmest of leads over @Wanna be slave at 1028 vs 1011 likes, and 108 to 107 in points.

This again shows how important it is to hit that like button when you are enjoying their posts. Maybe you have a favorite, or maybe you just really love seeing what these two fantastic members contribute to the site. Either way, hit the like, leave a comment and encourage them to keep providing you with with great content.

1694648718169.png

KinkyBBW

*VERIFIED*
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jul 2, 2023
Yes please 😍 reactions and comments are what motivate me to keep posting!

• Love
Reactions: milly

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Another quick update on the points status situation between @Wanna be slave and @KinkyBBW.
If you had a look today you would see things have changed and you may be confused about what's going on.
@Wanna be slave has moved to a small lead in Reaction score while being behind @KinkyBBW in total points, how can that be? Well the points are gained in various ways and getting likes on photos is one of the ways, another is by posting threads or comments. As it turns out @KinkyBBW just made her 30th post gaining 5 points and jumping her to 113 in total. The ladder for points gained through likes was triggered by both when they hit 1000 likes which is why they are so close.

1694732765513.png

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
The battle for likes continues with @Wanna be slave still just ahead of @KinkyBBW however her lead has slipped now to just 8 points!
The next milestone will be if they can surpass the long standing leader for photo posting @Asianfucktoy. With just over 150 points to go I think it's a matter of when, not if this will happen. But who will get there first?
Whatever the outcome, the Kink Talk members are all winners.

1695771146517.png

MasterMartin

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 28, 2015
Germany
Sorry to say, but as much as i enjoy having booth if them so active and Kinktalk members can be winners to follow them, Kinktalk users are also "loosers" as it seems @Asianfucktoy left our community...

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Another update, and big news! After closing the gap @KinkyBBW has shot ahead of @Wanna be slave, racing to 1210 points and closing in on the long standing leader for photo posting @Asianfucktoy.

At this rate it will only be a matter of days before @KinkyBBW claims the crown, can @Wanna be slave catch up and steal the crown? If you have a favorite it's your likes that will decide this.

1696635054220.png

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
@KinkyBBW truly is unstoppable! She has blasted past the 1300 point mark and is racing ahead of @Wanna be slave at an incredible rate. Be sure to show your support for the fantastic work of all the members who post content for you to enjoy. Leave a like and a comment to ensure they know they are appreciated.

1697413264907.png

Featured Threads

New Personals