Punishment and why it works.

Master's Pet

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Nov 27, 2009
Here goes, even if you like spanking and such, if you know it's happening because you've disappointed your Master/Mistress, does it stop you from liking it and make you feel bad? Because you've disappointed your Master/Mistress to the point he felt it necessary to punish you.

One of my rules is once punishment is over I am NOT under any circumstance to beat myself up about what I've done, once Master has punished me I'm not to punish myself.

So what about you guys, why does punishment work on you? Is it the pain or the feeling you get for disappointing your Master/Mistress? I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

-Mp

Reactions: appleicetea

Tuls

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 25, 2009
As a submissive male I look forward to two things, (1) Discipline and (2) Punishment. There is, in my mind, a clear difference between the two.

Discipline is to be administered on a regular basis and at a set time. It can be weekly or monthly. It is to satisfy the submissive's need for pain and the Dom's need for the enjoyment of power over the sub.

Punishment, on the other hand, is for errors by the submissive. It is not to provide him/her with erotic satisfaction and must go beyond what the submissive expects and/or wants to happen. It is so that the submissive realizes the error of his/her ways, that the Dom is disappointed in the subs performance, and to hopefully make sure that the sub does not repeat the error.

At last that's my take on things.

Obedient_Calf

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Sep 28, 2009
For me i get my kick from sticking to the rules and trying my best not to give them an excuse to punish me, the most effective form of punisment to me is humiliation, dispite liking mild x-dressing i make it known that its more of a like to me than a punishment.

For you to be truely punished i feel you must be open and admit your worst and disliked things so you dont enjoy it to much.

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Here goes, even if you like spanking and such, if you know it's happening because you've disappointed your Master/Mistress, does it stop you from liking it and make you feel bad? Because you've disappointed your Master/Mistress to the point he felt it necessary to punish you.

One of my rules is once punishment is over I am NOT under any circumstance to beat myself up about what I've done, once Master has punished me I'm not to punish myself.

So what about you guys, why does punishment work on you? Is it the pain or the feeling you get for disappointing your Master/Mistress? I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

-Mp

Well, my take on punishments is very different than a lot of people :)

For one, I do not believe in corporal punishment. For me, a punishment should not involve anything even remotely sexual and rarely physical at all. I don't believe in these because all too often they send mixed messages and rarely are any useful to correct undesirable behaviors.

The use of a disliked activity or spankings with a greater force or amount for example will only create an atmosphere of fear (unless we're talking about funishments). The sub does not stop the bad behavior because it is wrong. He/she stops because of being scared to be punished again. That isn't likely to correct the bad behavior and unlikely to be effective on a long term.

If the aim of a punishment being to correct bad behavior or re-direct the sub then there are other ways to do so. In the past, in cases of neglect, I did have to re-try something I had failed at until I got it right. Needless to say I didn't have to do it a thousand times, I did my mighty best to get it right asap :D This had a greater positive impact in the way that I could have the feeling I had redeemed myself and could more easily move on afterwards.

Understanding what has been done wrong and how to solve the problem is extremely important for me to be able to get over the disappointment and feelings of "being a failure". Because more often than not, even if I suspect I did something wrong, I will have a serious meltdown about it. That in itself is bad enough.

LittleItaly

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 30, 2010
Cornwall, ON
punishment works for me because it's always the result of me challenging authority and getting put in line for it. I love pushing the limits and whatever dominant lover is w. me at the time i purposely disobey and disrespect them so they then prove to me who's really in control - the male. I love when a man puts me in my place when i try to threaten the alpha role with lip or disobedience, im then punished by my man using his physical power and mental games to show me im the subserviant and theyre in control, it makes me so HOTT to get punished for this reason.

rdsjr_1989

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 17, 2011
As a submissive male I look forward to two things, (1) Discipline and (2) Punishment. There is, in my mind, a clear difference between the two.

Discipline is to be administered on a regular basis and at a set time. It can be weekly or monthly. It is to satisfy the submissive's need for pain and the Dom's need for the enjoyment of power over the sub.

Punishment, on the other hand, is for errors by the submissive. It is not to provide him/her with erotic satisfaction and must go beyond what the submissive expects and/or wants to happen. It is so that the submissive realizes the error of his/her ways, that the Dom is disappointed in the subs performance, and to hopefully make sure that the sub does not repeat the error.

At last that's my take on things.

i have to agree with you on this. discipline is good on a day to day basis, but if the submissive messes up, the punishments should go farther past the limits. However by the same token... you dont want to force anything too drastic unless of course the sub has done something extremely terrible.

for example: the sub dropped a plate while doing dishes and it broke.

for that i wouldnt strap them to a table and make them do something past their limits. but i would probably spank them a few times.

regular discipline is a good thing. sometimes it sucks being a switch who is mostly dominant rofl.

newtotry

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Sep 11, 2011
Awesomeville
Would you mind giving some examples of how a Master would discipline compared to how one would punish? I get the vocabulary but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around it.

bluekatey

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Aug 22, 2011
canada
why punishment works for me

for me it works because i feel so bad
when i disappoint my master
;)

Featured Threads