Web Cam

boundperil

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 12, 2008
I'm trying to set up a web cam for myself and my sub. Any recommendations for a secure private service to use? Of course cheaper the better, I just don't know how much I trust Yahoo for that, though the price is right, free :D .

Thank you

Blade

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 5, 2008
I use MSN messenger and it works great for streaming video two ways in a chat. There is no reason video sent through MSN or Yahoo would not be secure. Go the free route. These two services are flawless. Also Skype lets you do video too and works great as well.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Skype I've found is a lot better for video quolity and the video hardly ever freezes. It's also free and works in the same way as MSN and yahoo even though it's meant for free phone calls. I find the sound quolity is also better than MSN but that depends if you want to use a mic or not. Have fun.

theinvisibleman

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 11, 2008
Skype is the best one, you can get apps that auto answer too, so u can always check what they are up to... :)

boundperil

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 12, 2008
I will give Skype a try. I just got her laptop setup for internet and wifi. Need to find a deal on a camera for her then take it from there.

Thanks everyone.

Smooth. Pride

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 12, 2008
I use MSN Messenger, and it's good, fast and deals with few troubleshoots that can be fixed easily.
I also recommend Skype if you're going for just Fetish and sex fulfill requests. :p

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
Skype is really good at improving sound quality through their cancellation algorithms. Less microphone feedback on most setups. I would recommend it because of how easy it is to get good quality sound and video from this app.

shadoweater

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 23, 2008
If you really dont't trust the im services (and if you're not doing anything illegal, it shouldn't be a big deal), you could set up an encrypted webcam server on your computer for the other person to connect to. This would require some technical skills, and I haven't done it personally, but I'm sure it's doable if you're really paranoid.

boundperil

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 12, 2008
Thanks, it is more of just not wanting something getting out. Anytime you go through someones else's equipment, their is the chance of in issue. Public face can be different from bed room face. Just because it is not someones business, doesn't mean they will not make it so.

rumen

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jun 11, 2008
Difinitely Skype, it will be your best shot. The program can handle such sessions perfectly.
I use it, too. Skype rocks :)

boundperil

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 12, 2008
Thanks. This whole thing has been placed on the back burner. Very frustrating, but she is not the most computer savvy, I have to wait till the next time I see her in person.

New Personals