Polypropylene DIY buttplugs

ocra87

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Aug 29, 2024
I have always been interested in handcrafting sex toys. This time, in particular, I was looking for a butt plug with a wide neck. It might seem strange, but most commercial plugs generally have a very high "width-to-neck" ratio.

This design feature ensures the plug stays in place, but the consequence is that even the widest plugs often have a tiny neck. Such a narrow neck cannot provide long-term stretching. Additionally, if you insert a significantly large plug (in terms of diameter) into your body for more than a few minutes, the subsequent extraction can be painful, which I want to avoid.

In short, I wanted to create a plug that offers sufficient stretching to the anus thanks to its wide neck, while also ensuring it stays in place even after the contractions of orgasm. My goal is to find a sort of "golden ratio" between maximum width and stem width.

I am experimenting with polypropylene since it is a food-safe plastic and can be molded into various shapes.

I am writing to share the results and also to get new ideas.

(english is not my main language)

(reference in the pictures are cm)

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 13
  • resized2.jpg
    resized2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 12

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I have always been interested in handcrafting sex toys. This time, in particular, I was looking for a butt plug with a wide neck. It might seem strange, but most commercial plugs generally have a very high "width-to-neck" ratio.

This design feature ensures the plug stays in place, but the consequence is that even the widest plugs often have a tiny neck. Such a narrow neck cannot provide long-term stretching. Additionally, if you insert a significantly large plug (in terms of diameter) into your body for more than a few minutes, the subsequent extraction can be painful, which I want to avoid.

In short, I wanted to create a plug that offers sufficient stretching to the anus thanks to its wide neck, while also ensuring it stays in place even after the contractions of orgasm. My goal is to find a sort of "golden ratio" between maximum width and stem width.

I am experimenting with polypropylene since it is a food-safe plastic and can be molded into various shapes.

I am writing to share the results and also to get new ideas.

(english is not my main language)

(reference in the pictures are cm)
Solid idea. As mentioned there isn’t much in the market of a plug with the neck being thick enough. But dilators are too straight and will be pushed out. You might be on to something big here. Be sure you trademark it 👍🏻

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Once you get a prototype built. 3d scanning is solid now. You could scan and make the digital file. Edit it into perfect radius curves as you want and then 3d resin print out.

ocra87

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Aug 29, 2024
Once you get a prototype built. 3d scanning is solid now. You could scan and make the digital file. Edit it into perfect radius curves as you want and then 3d resin print out.
There is no need to use a 3D scan; I can quite easily create a 3D printable file of any solid of revolution (see images).

The problem is that, based on what I’ve heard, a printed object can have imperfections in the planar printing, which can lead to ruptures in the object itself if subjected to certain forces (hence ER😰).

On the other hand, lathing a piece like that is both expensive and time-consuming.

That's why I have chosen heat molding of a polypropylene pipe (it safe, economical and fast).

Attachments

• sbirulo 45.jpg
    sbirulo 45.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • sbirulo 45bi.jpg
    sbirulo 45bi.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I was just was looking at the base and it seemed rough texture and possible structure fail point. I assumed resin printing would remove the structure failure risk if made solid. But I do see where you’re coming from. So with your current method how will you get the base transition area to the shaft to be as smooth as the rest of it?

Featured Threads

New Personals