Aren't there any counsellors?

Thygh

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 5, 2023
Aren't there any counsellors?

I would like to recommend there should be counsellors.

As my experience, normal counsellors can't understand this.

So, I would like to recommend this idea.

If you can, give a list of counsellors who can understand this mindset.

Because I can see there are people (posts) who become sad because of being dumped by their fake online partners. When the partner disappears, he or she has to bear it alone without medical help.

In my country -

If your husband dumps on you, a counselor will help you. But your master dumps on you, the counsellor will make fun of you or will try to give you medicine to change your kink ideas)

Thank you.

Please consider this idea.

IMG_20230614_192045.jpg

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
In the US there are few not many but few counselors therapists who do have experience with and understand bdsm. My friends have found the best results just openly asking any potential therapist if they’re savvy in kink.

• Love
Reactions: Thygh

Thygh

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 5, 2023
I asked for online counsellors.

Actually, I have a fun thing to say.

There is a famous counsellor and he wrote an article for a newspaper.

According to him,

When a child is born, if his head is compressed by a doctor accidentally..

That can be the reason for being gay or lesbian.

😂😂😂

So, how can they accept bdsm or femdom?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I would like to recommend there should be counsellors.
So I gather from this what you'd like to see are members here providing some kind of online counseling?

I think this could be possible if we have people willing to do it, and with sufficient experience and knowledge to be effective. It would be possible to tag their profiles with that credential to ensure you are speaking with a valid counselor.

What do others think, is there anyone willing to provide this? We would of course have to vet them to make sure they have the right personality and knowledge. Do you think it could work?

Edit: Another thought, perhaps we could also set the criteria? So some may want to speak with a dom, others with a sub while some might not care too much. We would also need to assure this doesn't get abused with people hitting up the counselors, the penalty could be a week ban or something.

Last edited:

herpderp42

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jun 5, 2015
So I gather from this what you'd like to see are members here providing some kind of online counseling?

I think this could be possible if we have people willing to do it, and with sufficient experience and knowledge to be effective. It would be possible to tag their profiles with that credential to ensure you are speaking with a valid counselor.

What do others think, is there anyone willing to provide this? We would of course have to vet them to make sure they have the right personality and knowledge. Do you think it could work?

Edit: Another thought, perhaps we could also set the criteria? So some may want to speak with a dom, others with a sub while some might not care too much. We would also need to assure this doesn't get abused with people hitting up the counselors, the penalty could be a week ban or something.
It doesn't sound very realistic in my eyes. First off, counsolling is of course a proper job, so it is questionable wheter such a service could/ should be free-of-charge. And if it is a paid service, this might cause some extra legal 'issues'/ work (for a lack of a better word) for this website.
And lastly, 'certificates' to counsol are probably only national-wide. Since this website has members from all-around the world it is questionable.

If you really want/ need a counsellor it is probably always the best to go the normal way, even if such an onlien counsolling is a lesser hurdle.

That being said, it is far from being the same as counsolling but if talking and or ranting about your feelings helps you, I am sure there are a lot of kind people on here who are willing to lend an ear.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
It doesn't sound very realistic in my eyes. First off, counsolling is of course a proper job
Perhaps counselor is the wrong name for this, what I had in mind is more what you describe at the end of your post. Maybe we call them "Kink Coaches"?

In real terms yes someone to rant to, or cry on their shoulder or debrief to would be a big help to someone who has no other option. And if these kink coaches can be experienced people who have a good understanding of aftercare and so on then they can help in practical ways.

No warranties offered and no money back!

I still think this is a good idea, so anyone who thinks they may be "qualified" to become a Kink Coach can let me know via dm and we can chat about it.

herpderp42

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jun 5, 2015
Perhaps counselor is the wrong name for this, what I had in mind is more what you describe at the end of your post. Maybe we call them "Kink Coaches"?

In real terms yes someone to rant to, or cry on their shoulder or debrief to would be a big help to someone who has no other option. And if these kink coaches can be experienced people who have a good understanding of aftercare and so on then they can help in practical ways.

I still think this is a good idea, so anyone who thinks they may be "qualified" to become a Kink Coach can let me know via dm and we can chat about it.
Yeah, I just wanted to clarify that there should never be the impression it would be any kind of professional.
A wholesome corner to rant your feelings is more than welcome.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Thygh

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 5, 2023
Kink coaches

It is the best name. 🙏

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I do this for all subs I’ve had as mine as well as tons of other people who were not my subs. It actually was/is enjoyable for me.

The way it’s being described is like a mix of a mentor and a safe place to vent. I think the biggest issue I see is vetting people who can actually legit do this. Who’s going to take on the process of approving coaches? I feel that with no certifier process we are just inviting more predatory behavior of which we spoke about in the shitty fake doms post made a few days ago.

• Love
Reactions: Thygh

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I think the biggest issue I see is vetting people who can actually legit do this. Who’s going to take on the process of approving coaches?
This is exactly right, and for now I will do the vetting myself. I will only be accepting those I know well and to combat the "bad dom" problem my preference will be for subs to take on the role.

Reactions: subzzzero

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Out of curiosity how many people are in need of such coaching ? Can we run a poll to see some basic numbers after a week. I’m wondering how great the need is before signing on.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Out of curiosity how many people are in need of such coaching ?
This is a good point, my original thought was that this will more than likely be a very occasional and sparsely used service. I think it's worth running up the flagpole to see if it flaps around.

Featured Threads

New Personals